Musing Mondays is a weekly event hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading. Each week MizB asks a book related question and bloggers answer with their thoughts about the given topic.
This week's question:
Do you judge a book by its cover?
I love this one! And yes, I do - I'm a complete and utter cover slut. I love covers that are unique, nice and those that stand out for some reason. I don't necessarily judge the book by its cover though - I don't think that a book is necessarily bad if it has an average cover because most of the time it can be very misleading. If the book has an eye-catching cover, on the other hand, I will definitely pick it up even if I wouldn't normally do / even if I don't know the author / etc.
How about you? Feel free to leave a comment with either the link to your own Musing Mondays post, or share your answers in a comment here if you don't have a blog. :) Thank you!
Monday, 17 October 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
I'm a fellow cover slut! ;) The cover of a book is like an advert for the contents...
Here's my Musing Monday post. :)
yes, I agree that it not so much a matter of judgement as attraction...and a great cover can get me to pick a book up and take a deeper look. That is the point, isn't it, that the publisher had in mind?
I do tend to go for the prettier covers myself.
I completely agree! I love beautiful covers, as you could tell by my post haha. I'm definitely the worst cover slut out there, it's embarrassing LOL
I don't judge a book by it's cover but I am certainly more drawn to the beautiful or haunting ones!!
♥ Melissa @ Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf
Exactly. It's not that I think the book is bad if I don't like the cover. But it will not get my attention long enough for me to pick it up and check it out. Haha I guess I'm a cover slut too :D Thanks for stopping by my blog!
I'm a cover slut, too. That's usually how I pick books in the library...wander along and grab books with covers I like lol. Like you said, I don't judge the actual book...I've read some great books with terrible covers, and some terrible books with great covers. I just really like eye-catching covers, things that stand out, or give me a good idea of what the book is about.
I do too! :)
PS LOVE the name and look of your blog. So pretty, simple, and charming :)
This is exactly what came to my mind as I answered this question! Well said. -C
My MM: http://bookishlybloggers.blogspot.com/2011/10/musing-monday-1017.html
Post a Comment