Monday, 3 October 2011

Musing Mondays (3 Oct)

Musing Mondays is a weekly event hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading. Each week MizB asks a book related question and bloggers answer with their thoughts about the given topic.

This week's question:

What are you most excited about reading, right now? (can be a book you’re currently enjoying, or a book that’s yet to be published, etc.)
Right now, I'm most excited about two books. One that I bought last month and one that I got for review.

The one I bought is "A Week in December" by Sebastian Faulks. It sounds brilliant - I've never read any of his books before but it sounds like the perfect book for me! I first caught a glimpse of this book in one of the local bookshops when I was looking for The Brightest Star in the Sky. Being a huge anglophile, the cover immediately caught my attention and I read the back cover. Apparently, Faulks' aim was to write a "modern Dickensian novel" about the state of the nation at the time of the 2009 economic meltdown. His characters represent different walks of life but they are somehow "linked by initially unseen connections". If you click on the title, it should take you to the book's Amazon page where you can read the full synopsis.

The second one I'm most looking forward to reading is the one I got for review the other day. I already mentioned this title, it's "Farsighted" by Emlyn Chand. I'm SO excited about this one! As I mentioned, Emlyn invited me to her book tour where I'm going to be one of the hosts, so I get to review her work on my blog. When Emlyn emailed me and sent me the text, I couldn't resist the temptation and simply had to take a look at it - and I have a feeling that it's going to be great, I can't wait to read the whole story! I know many of you are also reviewing this book for Emlyn, so I'm really curious what you'll think, how you'll like it. And of course I'm looking forward to reading your reviews as well! :-)

Feel free to leave a comment with either the link to your own Musing Mondays post, or share your answers in a comment here if you don't have a blog. :) Thank you!
Vicky xxx

6 comments:

caite said...

gee, I never know what is coming out...

Amy said...

Great choices! :)

Here's mine:

http://amylunderman.blogspot.com/2011/10/monday-musings.html

Shilpa Mudiganti said...

Interesting...I am excited to read about Unforgettable by Loretta Elsworth. Hope to get my hands on it soon!
-shilpa
www.smmirza.blogspot.com

Gigi Ann said...

I haven't heard of either one of these books, but hope you enjoy them both.

Thanks for the visit today.

Unknown said...

I'm really looking forward to 'Farsighted' too! Can't wait to see what you come up with, i'll be reviewing it too. I wonder if we'll have the same views.

TToria

Jo @ Booklover Book Reviews said...

I have had A Week In December in my TBR pile for a while - can't wait to get round to reading this one.

Post a Comment