Thursday, 12 January 2012

Booking Through Thursday #12 - Reading habits (interview)

This week's questions are:


1. What’s your favourite time of day to read?
I'm a full time night owl so I always read at night. One of the many reasons for this is that I go to uni so I don't have much time during the day. But even if I've no classes or I'm at home, I just can't read before let's say... 6 o'clock or even later. I just concentrate with all the noise outside - I like to read when everyone has gone to bed and it's all quiet. :)

2. Do you read during breakfast? (Assuming you eat breakfast.)
Nope - as I said, I usually don't read in the morning. I usually check my emails and blog post comments while I'm having breakfast.

3. What’s your favorite breakfast food?
Oh, that's a tough one. I don't think I have any! I don't even like breakfast - the only reason why I do eat breakfast is that I don't want to pass out on my way to uni or wherever I have to go. I love mushroom and tomato flatbread and cheese on toast though. AND I need to have my breakfast tea each morning, otherwise I'll be really grumpy all day. Seriously. Don't mess with me until I've had my cuppa.


4. How many hours a day would you say you read?
I do read a lot when I don't have to prepare for my exams or hand in 10 page long essays the next morning. I do spend a lot of time in front of my computer networking, working on blog designs and that sort of thing but nights are all about reading. So I usually read... well, 5 hours maybe?

5. Do you read more or less now than you did, say, 10 years ago?
Much more! I've always liked reading but I've never read as much as I do now that I have my blog. I guess the main reason why I wasn't much of a bookworm in my teens is that none of my friends really like reading so there was no inspiration, I suppose. I started reading more before I went to university but I didn't have my blog back then.

6. Do you consider yourself a speed reader?
Certainly not. I'm quite a slow reader compared to most bloggers! There were books that I was able to finish in about a day (Agatha Christie's And Then There Were None) but only because they were SO good that I literally couldn't put them down. Plus, I was reading non-stop so I was completely knackered by the time I finished it, haha!

7. If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
Being invisible? Yes please. I've always preferred staying in the background to being the centre of attention so I could really use an invisibility cloak sometimes.

8. Do you carry a book with you everywhere you go?
Nope. Even if I was a commuter, I probably wouldn't. I have motion sickness so ebooks and paperbacks are out of the question for me. Plus as I said, I can't read in crowded/noisy places so there's no point in carrying a book with me. Although I do like to go to the park in summer and lie down with a good book while sunbathing. :)

9. What KIND of book?
A light read preferably - something that doesn't require too much concentration. A chick-lit maybe?

10. How old were you when you got your first library card?
Oh, I've no clue to be honest. About 8 or 9? I had one while I was in primary school, that's one thing I remember. As for now, I haven't had a library card for many years.

11. What’s the oldest book you have in your collection?
I think it's a Shakespeare collection - I have about 6 Shakespeare books on my shelf which are really old!

12. Do you read in bed?
Aye! Since I prefer reading at night, I usually curl up in bed under a warm blanket with a hot cup of tea (or hot chocolate), some biscuits and my book - that's my favourite place to read.

13. Do you write in your books?
Never!

14. If you had one piece of advice to a new reader, what would it be?
Read what you'd like and not what others tell you to read. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment