Tuesday, 24 January 2012

Teaser Tuesday #12

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly event, hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading. Anyone can participate, just make sure to read the rules by clicking here.

My teaser comes from Sophie Kinsella's Twenties Girl, from page 29.

[The vicar and Lara's -the main character's- family are talking about her great-aunt who has just passed away at the age of 105 but literally no-one in the family knew her]

'Did you never visit her?' The vicar is clearly forcing herself to stay polite.
'Of course we did!' says mum defensively.'We popped in to see her in...' She thinks. '1982, I think it was. Lara was a baby.'
'1982?' The vicar looks scandalized.
Hahahaha, oh dear. I actually laughed out loud when I read this part last night. I don't know if it sounds funny now that it's taken out of context but believe me, it does when you're reading it! :) This book has been sitting on my bookshelf for a very long time - and when I say very long, I mean it. I think I bought it sometime last year or even before that and I have no clue why I haven't read this before. I adore Sophie's books so I'm sure it's going to be a fun read. 46 pages in, I'm in love with it already!

What is everyone reading this week? Make sure to leave a comment below with a link to your own teaser so that I can visit you and check out your awesomesauce books! xxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment