Friday, 21 October 2011

Wonderfully Wicked Read-a-Thon

Whoop whoop! It's October 21 today and you all know what that means! Yes, the Wonderfully Wicked Read-a-Thon has just started. It's going to be my first ever read-a-thon so I'm very excited but I'm sure it'll be fun!

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that I'll post regular updates on Twitter (you'll find me @alouetteuette) - feel free to follow me and say hi, I'll follow everyone back!

I'm trying to figure out what books I should read during the read-a-thon but it's tough, I have so many to choose from! I have lots of books waiting to be reviewed so I'll definitely read those first. Okay, here's my list:




1. Farsighted by Emlyn Chand (I'll probably finish this in a few hours because I only have 100 pages left)
2. The Imitation of Patsy Burke by John J. Gaynard (ARC)
3. Children of the Street Kwei Quartey (ARC) 
4.  Parker Pyne Investigates by Agatha Christie (own copy)

I might change this list or I might even add some more later on. :-) I'm not sure how many of these I'll manage to finish because I'm ill but I'll do my best. What are you going to read?

Feel free to drop me a line if you're a fellow participant! 

Happy reading xxx

14 comments:

Melissas Eclectic Bookshelf said...

I'm so excited...this is my first as well....I'm at work today...but going to sneak in some reading at lunch!!

♥ Melissa @ Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf

Claire said...

I'm a first too! I'm hoping to get in some reading later :)

Claire @ Project to be Read

Michelle @ Book Briefs said...

Im going to be reading farsighted pretty soon. I am on a blog tour for that one. Great list of books. Are you participating in dewey's 24 hour readathon too? (me too) I figured I would already be reading so Ill have two twitter parties lol

Vicky @ A Backpack Full of Adventures said...

Yay, I'm glad I'm not the only newbie then!
Have fun guys!

@Michelle: I'm on the blog tour too! :)
Lmao I'm participating in Dewey's 24 hour readathon too - they're almost at the same time so I was like, why not? Lol :D

Unknown said...

Hi! First of all, you have an amazing blog design! I love it and second I will also join in the fun of this read-a-thon. and third I am a new follower of your blog.
have an awesome read-a-thon!

SweetMarie83 said...

First read-a-thon for both of us and we're both reading Farsighted, I love it! I'm taking a little break right now to check some blogs, have some lunch, and do a few other things, but I'll get back to it in about half an hour and see how much I can read. I hate being a slow reader! I'm keeping up with your tweets, and will check back here again too. ;-)

Priya said...

It's been such a long time since I read an Agatha Christie novel; hope you enjoy it! I read Children of the Street some time ago (from Netgalley) and it is a great book. I have heard about the Farsighted series, I guess I'll read it after the read-a-thon is done (because I just finally planned my reading list for the weekend!) Anyway, happy reading!

Vicky @ A Backpack Full of Adventures said...

@Marie: same here, I slept for about 2 hours and I'm going to have dinner as well(it's already past 8 p.m for us European folks :-P)

I hate being a slow reader too! Everyone is done with at least one book by now and here I am, still reading.

@Priya: Thank you! :-) Oh, is it good then? I got it from Netgalley too - can't wait to start reading it :-)

Aeicha @ Word Spelunking said...

Great list!

Enjoy those books!

:) Aeicha

Fireflywishes said...

All those books look good - haven't ever heard of Farsight but that looks intriguing, gonna have to check it out on Amazon! I'm reading an autobio by Agatha Christie soon for review! I read almost all her books at one time - got abig box and just went right through them one after another LOL Soon they all became the same mystery to me almost haha

Having fun chatting with you!
April @ My SHelf Confessions

Care said...

Here's wishing you a fabulous start to your readathon! I will be tweeting with you (@bkclubcare)

Michelle Stockard Miller said...

Thanks for stopping by my starting post! Looks like you have some good books planned. I would love to follow you on Twitter. Unfortunately, they're not letting me follow anyone right now. Stupid follow limits...I mean, give me a break! As soon as they "let me out of jail", I'll be sure to follow. =O)

I LOVE your blog header! Awesome!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for chatting with me a little today, I enjoy reading others who like books as much as I do! The kids and I are having a lot of fun with this, it's our first one too. Talk to you tomorrow!

Vicky @ A Backpack Full of Adventures said...

@April: I guess they all become the same if you read that much, lol. They kind of similar in a way to be honest. I had so much fun on Twitter, chatting to you! :)

@Michelle: Don't worry about it, just follow me when Twitter lets you and I'll follow back ;) Thank you so much!

@Erin: I'm happy to hear that you're all having fun! It was nice to meet you and talk to you on Twitter - talk to you soon! Happy reading xxx

Post a Comment