Thursday, 24 November 2011

Booking Through Thursday #8 - Thankful

This week's question:
What book or author are you most thankful to have discovered? Have you read everything they’ve written? Reread them? Why do you appreciate them so much?

I could list many books and many authors here but the ones who influenced me the most are:
  1. J.K.Rowling and the Harry Potter series: I've read every single book in the series and re-read some of them. It was part of my childhood and I'm still gutted that it's over, I didn't want it to end! It made my childhood as fun it was and as cheesy as it might sound, I'm sure it wouldn't have been the same without Harry Potter. 
  2. Meg Cabot: Although I haven't read all of her books, she was the one (apart from Rowling) who got me into reading when I was younger. I absolutely loved the whole Princess' Diaries series and just like Harry Potter, it was part of my teenage years. The Heather Wells series has been my favourite series so far, can't wait for the 4th book to come out!
  3. Agatha Christie: As most people already know (*wink*), I've been a huge Agatha Christie fan for many years now. She was the one who got me into reading in English - as you know, it's not my first language so I read most of Rowling's and Cabot's books in Hungarian. Christie was the one who inspired me to pick up a book which has been written in English and read it. And I haven't read a single book in Hungarian ever since.
  4. Sophie Kinsella: She's the one whose books never fail to make me laugh. I've read all of her books, except Twenties Girl but she always managed to crack me up. 
  5. Marian Keyes: It doesn't matter what she writes or how long it is, it's guaranteed that I will enjoy it. Once again, it might sound very cheesy but she's such an inspiration. She's been through many -let's just say- unpleasant things in her life but she still managed to go on and stay optimistic.

    "Pain is inevitable, but suffering is optional. That's what I want people to take from this book [The Brightest Star in the Sky]. Optimism can be relearnt."
What books or authors are you most thankful for? Feel free to leave a comment below with your own BTT post or your answer. :) And Happy Thanksgiving to all my followers in the US! xxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment