FM&G is a weekly event hosted by me, where each week I introduce one of my all-time favourite authors, an author whose book I'm currently reading or who I think might interest you, who I am currently or was working with and here comes the twist: fellow bloggers from all around the world as well.
Natalie from Besotted With Books
1. Can you tell us a little bit about yourself?
My name is Natalie and I live in the UK. I am 22 and love reading and twittering away on twitter.
2. When did you start blogging?
I started in feb 2011
3. How did you come up with your blog's name?
I recently changed my name from dark fantasy to besotted with books. I used to only review fantasy books but have winced moved on. I just wanted something that encompassed my feelings about books.
4. Why have you decided to start blogging?
To keep track of my books and the feelings I had about those books. Plus I love to chat to other book lovers and I have met lots of lovely book bloggers.
5. Do you find blogging easy? What do you find most challenging about it?
Challenging is the perfect word. I find it difficult to get people to my blog sometimes as people don't always read reviews. I also find it hard when writing a review to try and do it justice but not give away too much of the story.
6. What's your favourite genre?
I love YA and paranormal books but I love horror/ mystery and some chick lit too.
7. Who are your favourite authors and why?
Hmm hard. I like J.R.Ward, Maggie Stiefvater Veronica Roth, I just like authors that can grip you from page one and keep you until the end. A book that stays with you.
8. Name some of the bloggers whom you look up to and why?
I love Bex at Kindle Fever because we started out at the same time and she is always helping me out. I'm not just saying this but you too Vicky because you have accomplished so much in such a short time of blogging. [aww, thank you! ]
9. What advice would you give to people who are interested in starting a book blog?
Make sure you really enjoy it, and do it for yourself as much as everyone else.
1. Light or dark? Dark
2. Tea or coffee? Tea
3. Trains or buses? Trains
4. High heels or flats? Flats
5. A quiet night in or a night out with friends? Quiet night in
6. TV or Internet? Hmmm Internet
Thanks for joining us today hun! :) First of all, I'm so glad we met during the WWReadathon, I don't know what I'd do without Lil Hagrid and our Twitter convos, haha! It's funny because I would have picked the exact same answers that you did at the just for fun part. And I absolutely agree - sometimes it's hard to get people to your blog.
Would you like to take part in Friday Meet & Greet? Feel free to email me at booksbiscuitsandtea@hotmail.com




2 comments:
Thanks for having me hun. <3 loves and hugs Mama Vicky
That advise is spot on...you have to blog because you love it and make sure that you keep doing it because you love it and not because you are trying to do what you think people want from you or what you need to do to get followers. It might work for a while but it's not worth it if you no longer love what you are doing!
♥ Melissa @ Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf
Post a Comment