Sunday, 6 November 2011

In My Mailbox #7




In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren .
  It's our opportunity to get a peek into what books everyone is receiving for review, borrowing from libraries, buying in bookshops and download onto eReaders.

I only have one book this week - I won a couple of giveaways and received a few ARCs too but  I didn't get them yet - I'll hopefully be able to post them next week. So, here's this week's haul:


Ignore my face, but this beauty in my hand is a hardback copy of Anybody Out There? by Marian Keyes. Since it's the only book I got this week, I'll tell you what it's about :-)

‘I had to go back to New York and try to find him. There was a chance he mightn’t be there but I had to give it a go because there was one thing I was certain of:
he wasn’t here.’

Anna Walsh is officially a wreck. Physically broken and emotionally shattered, she lies on her parents’ Dublin sofa with only one thing on her mind: getting back to New York. New York means her apartment, The Most Fabulous Job In The World™ and above all, it means her husband, Aidan.

But nothing in Anna’s life is that simple …

Not only is her return to Manhattan complicated by her physical and emotional scars – but Aidan seems to have vanished.

Is it time for Anna to move on? Is it even possible to?

A motley group of misfits, an earth-shattering revelation, two births and one very weird wedding might help Anna find some answers – and change her life forever …

Hilarious, heartbreaking and life-affirming, Marian’s unforgettable new novel is as epic as it is entertaining.
Those people who read my previous posts know how much I love this woman so I was literally jumping up and down when I got it the other day! :) Can't wait to read it!!!

What did you get this week? Feel free to leave a comment below with a link to your own IMM post :)

28 comments:

Pabkins said...

haha I love the picture awesome! Must be cold where you are Vicky!

Pabkins @ Mission to Read

Natalie Frampton said...

Aww why would he ignore such a pretty face! Looks like a good book

Vicky @ A Backpack Full of Adventures said...

Aw thanks hun! I hope it is! *_* I don't know when I'll be able to actually read it, but as long as it's Marian, it can't be that bad. ;)

Haha it's not that cold (according to my family) but I'm freezing my butt off! :) Thanks for stopping by guys! x

Unknown said...

Loved the cover, and looks like its cold around you, time for a cozzy place and a reading.

New follower!

Psique @ Book Travels

Angela @ Reading Angels said...

I've never heard of this author!! I'll have to look her up!! (Super cute pic BTW!)

Fireflywishes said...

Your pic looks goood!!! SO we STILL need to figure out a way to bring Halloween to Hungary! :D

I put one of Marian Keyes books on my WL so I'll read one of her books and see how I like them! I like chick-lit once in awhile, especially when it's funny! :D

Hope you have a amazingtastic weekend!
xxx April @ My Shelf Confessions
OH! and I started to read AC"s Autobio last night and so far it's good! One of these days when I'm finished with it (and have the $ lol), I'll send it to you! <33

Vicky @ A Backpack Full of Adventures said...

Thanks Psique, I followed you back :) And thanks Angela! I love your blog by the way, it's gorgeous!!

Yayayayayay April, which one, which one?! I hope you'll like her! My absolute favourite has been The Brightest Star in the Sky but it's a little bit different from her other novels.

And yay for the AC book! I haven't read that one yet 0_0 So you'll have to tell me all about it haha! Much love and have a great weekend guys xxx

Candace said...

You know, I had one of Marians books and never read and I think I might have just donated it yesterday to the shelter. I'm not for sure though. Maybe if I still have it I'll have to give it a go!

Chocolate Chunky Munkie said...

Thanks for commenting on my IMM :D Love the picci, it gives a nice personal touch to your blog :) I've got a couple of her books on my TBR pile. I'm sure I will get round to reading them one day. I hope you enjoy reading your new book!

Jenx

roro said...

I've never heard of this author!
hope you'll en joy it

Anonymous said...

First time hearing about this book but the synopsis sounds really good! The cover is pretty.

Anonymous said...

Is this the one the mailman read before you? ;o Mailmen these days. LOL. Books you jump up and down for are the best ones! \o/

My IMM!

Giselle said...

This sounds good It's the first I hear of it! Cute picture! :)

Giselle
Xpresso Reads

Unknown said...

I am in LOVE with your header!!!

haha!

Enjoy your book!

LoveOfBooks said...

I haven't heard of this one, but I kind of been in the mood for something like it.

Anna @ Literary Exploration said...

Ohh this looks interesting! Hope you enjoy it :)

Anna @ Literary Exploration

Toni D. said...

wow, it's been ages since I've read a Marian Keyes book. I think the last one I read was Sushi for Beginners. Eeeek!

Monaliz said...

I may have never read any Marian Keyes! :O Though I've heard about her books many times, so maybe I should read one one day :)

Also a new follower!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I love Marian Keyes! I read this one a while back but I remember it being pretty good! Hope you enjoy! Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

Amy @ Following The Reader

JC Jones said...

Sometimes it is nice to get only one book. That way the TBR pile can go down instead of up. Here is my link:

http://mixedbookbag.blogspot.com/2011/11/in-my-mailbox-november-6-2011.html

Heather said...

This week I received CHOSEN by Denise Grover Swank, whom I love, and I can hardly wait to start reading it!

Mimi Valentine said...

Aww, a book that makes you jump up and down from excitement? Sounds like an awesome read to me! :) I love hilarious, heartwarming, and epic reads, and this one sounds like one worth your excitement!

Awesome mailbox, Vicky! I hope you love your book! :)

Shanella said...

I read this book awhile ago. Hope you enjoy it

Happy reading!
~ Shanella

Natalie said...

I've never read Marian Keyes, but I have to admit this book sounds interesting. I hope you like it!

Melissas Eclectic Bookshelf said...

Why have I not yet read anything by Marion Keys?! I must fix that soon!! Enjoy it <3

My IMM

♥ Melissa @ Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf

Sonythebooklover said...

First time i've heard of this book sounds interesting its on my TBR.

Marathon said...

This sounds so cute and I looove that cover!(:

(Pretty blog layout, by the way.)

- Asher (from Paranormal Indulgence)

Post a Comment