Do your reading habits change when you’re on vacation? Do you read more? Do you indulge in lighter, fluffier books than you usually read? Do you save up special books so you’ll be able to spend real vacation time with them? Or do you just read the same old stuff, vacation or not?
I definitely read more when I'm on vacation but I don't think my choices change. I read what I would read anyway, and the fact that I don't have to go to uni doesn't influence my choices at all. I like to pick up a lighter, fluffier book from time to time but it has nothing to do with whether I'm on vacation or not. :) Although sometimes I do save up special books - when I'm dying to read a particular book because I love the author or I've wanted to read it for a long time then I don't want to read them in a hurry. But my choice of genres and authors remain the same, whether I'm on holiday or not.
How about you? :)
Feel free to leave a comment with your BTT below.
Vicky xxx



12 comments:
Hello there.
You have a very pleasant blog here, it's cozy.
For a moment, I thought you were Portuguese, since you have a photo of a book in Portuguese in the blog's banner - "Os Elefantes não Esquecem", which means "Elephants don't forget".
Thank you for your visit!
N.
I pretty much read the same books whether I'm on vacation or not too.
My BTT post is here if you'd like a look :)
I read the same books... I just read more. Much more!
Here's my answer! Vacation reading, and reading faster than my parents.
I read about the same however I do load up on ebooks to cut down on the weight I have to carry.
yea, my choices are the same too be it a holiday or not.
Trish - My BTT Post
I would love to read more on a holiday, but sometimes they're just too darn busy! Here's mine.
I basically read the same type of books.
http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/10/booking-through-thursday_20.html
hi there. stopping by to see whatcha read during vacations.
http://sidnebkclubreviewz.blogspot.com
I read lighter books...mostly sweet romance to accentuate the good time! :) Nice post.
I love your blog title and header, i'm Tea Time with Marce.
I don't change my genre either, what I enjoy is what I enjoy.
My BTT
http://teawithmarce.blogspot.com/2011/10/booking-through-thursday-reading-habits.html
pretty much the same books, and I can't save up books - especially if they're ones I've been waiting for a while. Whatever I'm reading currently gets shoved aside in place of the new one. For instance I was reading The Tiger by John Vaillant, and instantly ditched that soon as I got a copy of The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern, since I've been waiting for it since August.
I usually don't have the time to read on vacation. Whoever I'm with at the time is always getting me to do something! Traveling I read a lot. Parents are about a 4 hour plane trip from me so I usually can get a lot of reading done especially with the layover in between flights!
Heres mine! It's my first! :D http://theevangelinelily.blogspot.com/2011/10/booking-through-thursday.html
Post a Comment