Monday, 24 October 2011

Wonderfully Wicked Read-a-Thon closing post

I can't believe I'm saying this but the WWReadathon has come to an end. :( I have to emphasize the fact that although it was my first readathon, I had a wonderful weekend and I had so much fun during these few days! Which is funny because I've been ill since Friday... and still, I haven't had so much fun for quite a long time. :-)

I'd like to say a massive thank you to the two Wonderfully Gorgeous hosts, Bex and April - you guys rock!

Okay, let's see my final updates:
  • Books read: 2 (Farsighted by Emlyn Chand / Parker Pyne Investigates by Agatha Christie)
  • Total pages read: 437
  • Challenges participated in: 6 out of 7
  • The amount of time spent on Twitter, chatting to fellow read-a-thoners: judging by the amount of my Twitter updates, a LOT. 
  • Updates posted on Twitter: about 4 million, or even more.
All jokes aside, it was fun - I met some really uh-mayzing people during this event who I hope to keep in touch in the future :-) Thank you for being awesome and for encouraging me to keep on reading and for making me laugh my head off from time to time! 

All in all, I'm happy with my results - I know I spent a lot of time on Twitter but as April said, at least we had fun. I participated in almost every challenge and posted regular updates, while I finished two books (even though I'm a slow reader). It's been a great experience, I'm looking forward to the next read-a-thon! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was great to meet you and I hope to keep in touch frequently with you and other book lover friends. I love your blog header by the way. You did great, please rest and feel better. And good job to your cheerleader (cat) too!! xoxo
~Erin

Unknown said...

Yeah it really was a fun read-a-thon. It was also my very first!

Natalie Frampton said...

Aww so sad its finished. It was my first read a thon too and loved chatting to everyone. You did really well. Loves x

SweetMarie83 said...

I had so much fun chatting with you all weekend! This was my first read-a-thon too and I'll never forget it. Way to go finishing 2 books...it seemed like we mirrored each other all weekend - both read Farsighted (my review is up today, BTW), both read 2 books, both slow readers, both spent endless hours on Twitter when we could have been reading......lol. It was great! xo

Post a Comment