Sunday, 23 October 2011

Bout of Books Read-a-thon - intro post

The Wonderfully Wicked Read-a-thon is about to come to an end, but Bex pointed out that there's another read-a-thon going on next week, so I had to check it out. And here I am, signing up for the Bout of Books Read-a-Thon, mwahaha!

Here's all you need to know about the event:

► Bout of Books will run from 12:01am 10/24 through 11:59 pm 10/30 (your time zone)
► Read as much as you can whenever you can. The only person you are competing against here is yourself.  There is no pressure.
► Bout of Books should be about networking with fellow bloggers in addition to reading.  You were going to read that week anyway, right?  Bout of Books gives you the opportunity to share your reading experience with other readers.
► Use #boutofbooks on Twitter to update people on your progress and what you are reading.
► Each day during Bout of Books has a different co-host.  They are in charge for the day, and will offer you a place for you to share your daily progress if you wish as well as a challenge.
 You'll find the co-hosts and the sign up sheet on Amanda's blog - you can still join us! :-)

I'll try to decide which books I'm going to read during this week but it might (and I'm almost 100% sure it will) change because I'm such a moody reader. My main goal for next week is to read as many ARCs and ebooks I can: I'm flooded with books I need to review soon so it'll be a great opportunity for me to catch up. Plus, I'll try to take part in as many mini challenges as I can - we'll see how many I'll manage.

Anyway, the three books I'm aiming to read next week are:



The Imitation of Patsy Burke | The Secret of Lies | Sign Language

What are your goals for this read-a-thon? What are you going to read?
I'll post regular updates on both here and Twitter - you can tweet me @alouetteuette - can't wait to speak to you all and to meet some uh-mayzing people! xxx

5 comments:

Jenn said...

My goals are "Before you suffocate your own fool self" by Danielle Evans, "Eve" by Anna Carey, "Wonderstruck" by Brian Selznick. Of course one of those may change. Good luck this week!

Vicky @ A Backpack Full of Adventures said...

Oh, I'd love to read Eve! Let me know how it was! <3 :) Good luck! xxx

Amanda @ On a Book Bender said...

Good luck with your goals and happy reading! :)

Unknown said...

I seem to always put ARCs in front of books that I want to read for myself so I'm making this bout of books about reading what I want. Good luck reaching your goals and have fun reading.

Anonymous said...

I might have to try this one out too, though I think with the kids I won't have as much time to Twitter (bummer). :)

Post a Comment