Saturday, 22 October 2011

Day 2: Wonderfully Wicked Read-a-Thon (update)

Hi all! I'm just stopping by to tell you what I've been up to in the past 24 hours. So, the Wonderfully Wicked Read-a-thon is in full swing and I'm happy to announce that I finished my first book!!! (Farsighted by Emlyn Chand) Which is great because
a, I'm a slow reader
b, I'm ill which makes it 5 times harder.

I felt so guilty last night because I kept checking Facebook and Twitter for updates instead of reading, but as April said, at least we had fun!

So, what's next?
I'm going to review the book first and then move on to my second book, The Imitation of Patsy Burke. You'll be able to read my review on November 19, during the Farsighted blog tour.
If you have Twitter, make sure to join us - just use the #WWReadathon hashtag! :-) I'm posting updates regularly and talk to everyone who has joined us so far. I've already made some uh-mayzing friends and had so much fun, it's been a great experience so far!

As I promised earlier on Twitter, I have a couple of photos for you guys.



► Reading Farsighted at night ;-)













► I'm obsessed with candles! This pumpkin shaped aromatherapy burner is my all-time favourite and it's an absolute MUST during Halloween! Love it. :-)












► The official cheerleader of the Wonderfully Wicked Read-a-thon ... is *cough* taking a break from cheerleading at the moment *cough* :-D

a.k.a  my cat.


I hope everyone's having a great weekend - let me know what books you're reading at the moment and feel free to leave a link to your own update post. :-) See you at #WWReadathon!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, congrats on finishing your first book. Keep going. Feeling ill sucks--I'm pretty wasted myself with some kind of fluiness, but at least the readathon means we get to legitimately relax for a weekend. :o)

Natalie Frampton said...

Congrats on finishing a book. I'm still working on mine

Anonymous said...

Yay on finishing the first book! I hope it was awesome. ;) I love the pictures! Even more fun to see what's going on at the participants' houses. Lol at your cheerleader! Looks like s/he's doing a fabulous job. ;) I can tell you that my dog does't help my reading. He just wants me to throw his toy! Lol

I actually got my first update post up! Finally, lol. But I guess it's more of a starting post that's late! *bad role model*

http://rebgeo.net/posts/1st-update-wonderfully-wicked-read-a-thon/

ChiKittie said...

Hey Vicky - Thank you for stopping by my blog and I love yours as well. So cute! How was Farsighted? I am going to read it for review soon.


-Beckie

roro said...

Congrats on finishing a book. loved the cat

Anonymous said...

I keep hearing Farsighted, maybe I should check it out? I LOVE the pumpkin burner!! And your black cat. Sorry you are ill, I am too. Stuffy and coughing. Good to snuggle in and read, but harder to read to kiddos. Talk soon, glad to have met you!

Melissas Eclectic Bookshelf said...

Love your cheerleader!! She is beautiful!

I'm posting my update later today..sort of a half way thru update!

♥ Melissa @ Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf

Fireflywishes said...

I love our official cheerleader's pic!! I like your bedspread too, the leopard print, you look so comfortable reading in that picture!

I love scent burners too - and that pumpkin is perfect for Halloween, I love how it glows so cool!

April @ My Shelf Confessions

Chocolate Chunky Munkie said...

Vicky it sounds like you have been busy!! Love the photos the pussy cat is adorable and ins't the pumpkin candle burner sweeet! I've never heard of a read-a-thon before so I will be keeping my eyes on your updates - good luck! I hope you manage to finish all your books.

Jen x

Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer said...

Had a blast..on WW read-a-thon. Now following you :)
@kimbacaffeinate
my blog :
http://kimbathecaffeinatedbookreviewer.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment