Saturday, 22 October 2011

Dewey's Read-a-Thon - Hour 1, introduction

So, Dewey's 24 hour Read-a-thon has officially started! I'm quite busy this weekend because as you can see, I'm already participating in the Wonderfully Wicked Read-a-thon, so I thought, why shouldn't I take part in two read-a-thons? They're running at the same time anyway. :-)

This is my first time doing both events so I'm super excited!

Dewey's event starts with an introductory meme in which you let everyone know who you are, what you're reading, etc, so here we go.

1) Where are you reading from today? - Debrecen, Hungary
2) Three random facts about me… - I'm addicted to cats, I used to be a rhythmic gymnast, Halloween and Christmas are my favourite times of the year.
3) How many books do you have in your TBR pile for the next 24 hours? - I have two. I'm sure I won't be able to finish both of them because I'm such a slow reader, but who knows? My three books are: The Imitation of Patsy Burke, and Parker Pyne Investigates
4) Do you have any goals for the read-a-thon (i.e. number of books, number of pages, number of hours, or number of comments on blogs)? - My number one goal is to finish The Imitation of Patsy Burke. I'd like to read as much as I possibly can but I don't have any goals concerning the number of hours, pages or comments.
5) If you’re a veteran read-a-thoner, any advice for people doing this for the first time?- This is my first read-a-thon!

18 comments:

Staci said...

Have fun today..no pressure!! Rhythmic gymnast? That sounds very cool!!

Team Golden Grahams Cheerleader-Staci

LRAtRandom said...

I agree, rhythmic gymnast sounds awesome!!

Just have fun and take breaks!

KC said...

Good luck today! Hope you have a great time reading

Alexis @ Reflections of a Bookaholic said...

Whoohoo! Good Luck. I love the pictures you posted on the previous post. Wow at the rhythmic gymnast...that is so interesting.

Anonymous said...

Welcome to your first readathon! Hope you have a fun day :)

Vasilly said...

Two read-a-thons?! That's smart! I love your header. It's so beautiful. Happy reading and good luck on your goal.

Toni D. said...

I think I need some sleep. I saw 'addicted to cats' and my first reaction was, "Oh my god she eats cats!" X_X

good luck with your read-a-thons!

Laura Massey said...

Hope you enjoy it! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Also, I love your design and I'm following you. :-)

Anonymous said...

I love that read-a-thoners come from everywhere. I visited Hungary once, but only to Budapest and Eger.

Gwen Gardner said...

I'm from Team Trix Cheerleading Squad! Two read-a-thons at the same time is pretty smart, actually. It's sound like you're having fun and doing a great job of reading! You Go Girl! RAH RAH RAH!

Erin said...

R! E! A! D!
Any book that you can see!

Wow, two readathons at once?? Nice! I love Christmas, too -- actually the whole season from Thanksgiving to Christmas. Have a great time this weekend!

Jade said...

Have fun and good luck!

Anonymous said...

Have great fun today - enjoy the readathon.

Alexa S. said...

Happy read-a-thon! This is my first time joining a read-a-thon as well, but it's been pretty fun so far!

Anonymous said...

Two read-a-thons?!? There's one way to kill two birds with one stone. Your header immediately made me think of Halloween.

Buried In Print said...

Your official cheerleader is probably back on duty now (I'm sure that was just a short nap!), but I thought I'd sneak in to wish you happy read-a-thon-ing too. I think it's a great idea to have more than one book at hand, even if you know you won't finish both, so that you can take a break and read something different if you wish. Have fun with it!
(I'm cheering for you from Team Trix)

Vicky @ A Backpack Full of Adventures said...

Thanks to all of you guys, you're awesome! :) <3 Keep up the good work!

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

Wow! Two readathons at once! Hope you're having a great time with them both and getting lots read. ;)

Post a Comment