Saturday, 8 October 2011

In My Mailbox #3



In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren.  It's our opportunity to get a peek into what books everyone is receiving for review, borrowing from libraries, buying in bookshops and download onto eReaders. Let's see what's in my mailbox this week. :-)

I got the first one from the lovely Darian Wilk the other day and I'm very excited about it!

Picture1. Love Unfinished by Darian Wilk
Publisher:
Darian Wilk
Publication Date:
October 2011
ISBN:
978-0-615-48405-1
Number of pages:
219
Category
:
Women's fiction

Synopsis:

Soul mates from the past leave their love unfinished when a tragic accident ends their lives on their wedding day.  Yet they are destined to meet again to fulfill that love in new incarnations, leading vastly different lives.

Emma thought she had chosen the right path, but too late does she realize her mistake as her husband reveals the monster behind his smile-morphing their fairytale image with loveless obligation.  Trapped in a broken marriage to a powerful, abusive husband, she knows this is not the life she was destined to live.  As her hope for love withers, she meets James, her love from a lifetime ago.

Emma cannot deny the love pulling her toward James, but courage to abandon her marriage wavers and unknowingly puts her love on the line.  If Emma has any hope of life and love, she must trust the bond with James and be with the man destiny has spent two lifetimes guiding her toward.  Are they fated to fulfill their love, or will they choose once again, to leave love unfinished?

It sounds very good and I can't wait to read it! I'll be reviewing it on my blog so keep an eye on Books, Biscuits & Tea. ;- ) Plus, if everything goes according to plan, Darian is stopping by for either a guest post or an interview pretty soon. Fingers crossed!

2. Extremely Loud & Incredibly close by Jonathan Safran Foer
Publisher: Hamish Hamilton Ltd
Publication Date: 2 Jun 2005
Number of Pages: 368
ISBN: 978-0241142134
Category: Contemporary fiction

Synopsis:

Nine-year-old Oskar Schell has embarked on an urgent, secret mission that will take him through the five boroughs of New York. His goal is to find the lock that matches a mysterious key that belonged to his father, who died in the World Trade Center on the morning of September 11. This seemingly impossible task will bring Oskar into contact with survivors of all sorts on an exhilarating, affecting, often hilarious, and ultimately healing journey.

I got the digital version of this book from one of my friends. Many people recommended it and said it was a great read so I'm definitely looking forward to reading this one. :-)

3. Mocked by Faith by Michele Richards
Publisher: The Writer's Coffee Shop Publishing House
Publication Date: 25 August 2011
ISBN: 9781612130545
Category: Fiction

Synopsis:

For Alexia Cross and Justin McNear, things are not what they seem. Both were born and raised in hidden, gated communities. A place where time virtually stands still and marriages are arranged by parents before a child’s 18th birthday.

Alexia is destined to be her community’s first spinster. In a last ditch effort, a husband is found. The only complication? He has no idea he has been betrothed. Will his history of dating outsiders help or hinder his relationship with his future wife?

Justin McNear searched outside his church for the woman of his dreams. Returning home after failing, he knows he needs to rectify his life and his faith. Can a woman he’s never met make him whole again?

Will this couple end up mocked by their own faith? Follow Alexia and Justin through the trials and tribulations of finding, falling, and surviving each other's love. It’s never easy saying “I do” to someone you don’t know.


I won an ebook version of this book from Lady Krishna's blog today! :-)

Special thanks to:
Darian Wilk
Christina Karassowitsch
The Writer's Coffee Shop Publishing House 

What's in your mailbox this week? Feel free to leave a comment below. :)

16 comments:

Stormi said...

Hi, thanks for stopping by my blog. :)

Megan said...

Hey, thanks for following me! I really appreciate it. :D

Book Crook Liza said...

Love Unfinished sounds really good!!!! I need to read that!

Anonymous said...

Those both look really good, especially Love Unfinished! Going to have to check them out. :)

Candace said...

I have only heard of the third one, but they sound good! Hope they're awesome!

Thanks for stopping by :D

Unknown said...

I'm actually intrigued by Foer's book. Is that the one with images?

Here's my IMM: http://www.thefairytalenerd.com/2011/10/in-my-mailbox-14.html

Carina said...

These sound really interesting, so I hope you enjoy them! :)

Have a lovely week,
Carina

Lori said...

I should be getting Extremely Loud and Incredible Close in the mail soon! I read Foer's nonfiction Eating Animals last year and it changed my life. I haven't ate meat since. So I'm looking forward to it to reading some of his fiction!

Enjoy your books!

Giselle said...

The cover for Mocked by Faith is freaky!! hehe Great haul!

Giselle
Xpresso Reads

Anna @ Literary Exploration said...

I have Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close on my shelf, but I've yet to read it haha. I loved the movie for Everything is Illuminated, so I'm hoping his books are just as good :)

Meredith said...

I heard about the Extremely Loud, Incredibly Close book as becoming a movie. Enjoy Your Books!

-Meredith

Lauren M said...

Wow, I hadn't heard of any of these! Thanks for bringing them to my attention. :) Hope you enjoy all the books you got this week!

newshadeofgreen said...

Wow, Love Unfinished sounds interesting! I didn't know Extremely Loud, Incredibly Close was becoming a movie... Happy reading! Here's my IMM post! ~ Jen @ A Book and a Latte

SimplyMe said...

Love your blog! Great books, Unfinished sounds very interesting, happy reading :]

New To My Stash

Grace Fonseca said...

Very interesting selection. Old follower. Not my particular venue. Come visit me over at Livre De Amour-Books of Love Blog.

Felicia said...

Hm. Haven't heard of any of these books. Looks interesting though. Thanks for stopping by!

Livin' Life Through Books

Post a Comment